Jen Shuber is a director, choreographer and writer. She is a graduate of NYU’s Tisch School of The Arts, London’s Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts (summer program) and the Lyric and Book Labs at NMI in L.A. She is an alumnus of The Johnny Mercer Foundation Writers Colony at Goodspeed Musicals and of Interlochen Centre for the Arts in Michigan. She has worked for the Soulpepper, Young People’s Theatre, Theatre Passe Muraille, Stratford Festival, Tarragon, Smile, Theatre By The Bay and many more.
• 2016 Dora Nomination Best New Musical “Jacob Two Two Meets The Hooded Fang”, YPT
• 2015 Dora Nominee Best Musical Production and Outstanding Choreography “James and The Giant Peach”, YPT
• 2013 Siminovitch Prize Nominee, Directing. The Siminovitch Prize in Theatre is one of the highest honours for professional directors, playwrights and designers by acknowledging excellence while encouraging even greater exploration and originality in Canadian theatre.
• 2013 Broadwayworld.com nomination for Best Direction of a Musical “On The Rocks”, TPM
• 2011 Dora Award, Best Musical Production “A Year With Frog and Toad”, YPT • 2011 Dora Nominee, Choreography “A Year With Frog and Toad”, YPT
• 2010 Mike Ockrent Theatre Directing Fellowship Nominee, New York, Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers. Nominated by Susan H. Schulman. Modeled on the prestigious Sir John Gielgud Fellowship in Classical Theatre, The nominees represent a new generation of gifted artists with the promise necessary to create theatre on a Broadway scale.
• 2010 Broadwayworld.com nomination for Best Original Choreography and 12 other nominations related to Doc, The Last Five Years, A Year with Frog and Toad and I Move Forward.
• 2009 Mike Ockrent Theatre Directing Fellowship Nominee, New York, Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers. Nominated by Susan Stroman. (see description above)